RESTAR Group Code of Conduct
- 1) We will observe relevant laws and regulations, internal rules, and social norms.
- 2) We will respect the human rights, individuality, personal qualities, and diversity of stakeholders.
- 3) We will maintain equitable and transparent relationships with stakeholders and engage in fair business dealings.
- 4) We will communicate with stakeholders sincerely and disclose information promptly, accurately and fairly.
- 5) As a member of society, we will actively address environmental issues through our business and CSR activities.
- 6) We will always strive for self-improvement and the continuous creation of pioneering business.
- 7) We will provide products and services that best meet the needs of customers.
Matters to Be Observed
1. Respect for Human Rights
- 1) We will respect the basic human rights and diversity of individuals and be considerate of differences in culture, customs, languages, and the like in each country and region.
- 2) We will not discriminate based on a person’s individual characteristics, including race, belief, skin color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, religion, nationality, ethnicity, language, physical characteristics, disabilities, wealth, or place of birth.
- 3) We will refrain from words or actions that could be considered harassment.
2. Recruitment and Work Environment
- 1) We will comply with relevant labor-related laws and regulations in each country and implement personnel systems, including recruitment, work conditions, treatment of employees, and working hours, in a fair manner.
- 2) We will handle the recruitment and selection, training and development, promotion, and other matters relating to job seekers, employees, and officers in a fair manner and strive to provide equal employment opportunities.
- 3) We resolve issues in an appropriate manner through level-headed and open dialogue.
- 4) We will establish and maintain a health and safety-conscious work environment.
3. The Creation and Disclosure of Corporate Information
- 1) We will ensure that important corporate information pertaining to the RESTAR Group, including accounting and financial information, and all records and reports that include said information, are accurate and fair in content, and created in a timely manner and in compliance with laws and regulations in each country.
- 2) We will issue proper financial reports and tax returns in compliance with the relevant accounting and tax laws and regulations in each country and internal rules.
- 3) We will disclose important corporate information pertaining to the RESTAR Group, including accounting and financial information, to stakeholders, including shareholders and investors, in an accurate, fair and timely manner.
- 4) We will appoint officers to oversee the disclosure of important corporate information and advance the establishment and operation of a framework to ensure that accurate corporate information is always disclosed in an appropriate and timely manner. Furthermore, we will not disclose corporate information that goes beyond the scope of our duties.
- 5) We will not use undisclosed information pertaining to the RESTAR Group and its customers, vendors and business partners gained through our duties and dealings for insider trading, either by ourselves or through another person. Furthermore, we will not use such information to provide profit or advantage to a third party.
4. Fair Business Dealings and Competition
- 1) We will conduct all business dealings fairly and based on the principle of fair competition, in compliance with laws and regulations regarding competition in each country and internal rules.
- 2) We will always maintain transparent, fair, and sincere relationships with our customers, vendors and business partners and competing companies.
- 3) We will not abuse a dominant bargaining position to put our customers, vendors and business partners at an unfair disadvantage or receive personal gain in relation to execution of duties.
- 4) We will not take unfair competitive action, such as illicitly acquiring a competing company’s trade secrets.
- 5) We will comply with the relevant industry laws applying to our products and services, and acquire and renew permissions and carry out any other processes stipulated by laws and regulations without delay.
- 6) We will encourage our customers, vendors and business partners to establish the frameworks required to fulfill their responsibilities to society.
5. International Business Dealings
- 1) We will conduct import and export transactions in observance of international treaties and agreements, relevant laws and regulations concerning trade in each country, and internal rules.
- 2) With the aim of maintaining the peace and safety of the international community, we will conduct export transactions concerning particular destinations or items, or provide particular technologies, in observance of international treaties and agreements, relevant laws and regulations in each country, and internal rules.
- 3) We will not participate in or assist money laundering and other such similar acts and shall conduct business activities using only legitimate funds.
6. Prohibiting Bribery
- 1) We will comply with the relevant anti-bribery laws and regulations in each country, and will not provide bribes to public officials (including all individuals that are subject to the relevant anti-bribery laws and regulations in each country) or private sector workers with the aim of gaining or maintaining a business advantage and convenience, nor shall we make any such promises or offers, nor authorize any such acts.
- 2) We will not make indirect bribes through third parties.
7. Entertaining and Gifts
- 1) With regard to giving or receiving gifts and entertaining or being entertained by officers and employees of our customers, vendors and business partners, we will not deviate from the limits of sound business practices and social norms.
- 2) We will never entertain or give gifts that may be regarded as a bribe to public officials or individuals in similar positions and their families.
8. Company Assets
- 1) We will properly manage tangible and intangible assets belonging to the company and will not use them for private or any other non-business purposes.
9. Confidential Information
- 1) We will strictly manage confidential information pertaining to the RESTAR Group and use it solely for legitimate business purposes. We will not disclose it without prior consent not only during our employment with the company but also after retirement.
- 2) We will strictly manage confidential information pertaining to our customers, vendors and business partners gained or received through the execution of our duties and use it solely for legitimate business purposes. We will not disclose it without prior consent.
- 3) We will not transmit confidential company information through social media.
10. Intellectual Property
- 1) We will strive to maintain and secure intellectual property rights belonging to the RESTAR Group. We will respect the intellectual property rights of others and will not infringe on such rights regardless of intent.
11. Personal Information
- 1) We will respect the personal privacy of employees and officers, as well as employees of our customers, vendors and business partners.
- 2) We will observe laws and regulations relating to the handling of personal information in each country as well as internal rules.
12. Information Security
- 1) In order to maintain an appropriate and safe operating framework for company information and systems, we will establish the management frameworks and security measures necessary to prevent information leakage, damage to information systems, and the like by computer virus infections, unauthorized access, and other causes.
13. Contributing to Customers
- 1) We will actively work to progress technology and society and contribute to customers through the creation of new markets and value.
- 2) We will strive to secure and improve upon the safety and reliability of our products and services.
- 3) We will respond to suggestions, requests, complaints, and enquiries from customers swiftly and sincerely.
14. Relationship with Society
- 1) We will maintain good relationships and cooperate with communities, as well as promote CSR activities that are appropriate in method and scale according to the relevant laws and regulations in each country and internal rules.
- 2) We will take decisive action against and refuse any relationship with the Mafia, gangsters and organized criminal groups that threaten the order and safety of civil society.
15. Environmental Conservation
- 1) We will observe relevant environmental laws and regulations in each country and internal rules, and strive to conserve the environment.
- 2) Relating to environmental and energy issues, we will strive to lessen the environmental impact of all business activities with a view to conserving the global environment through means including reducing resources and energy used and waste produced, and will contribute to the realization of a sustainable society.
- 3) In order to implement highly effective environmental conservation activities, we will enhance the environmental awareness of officers and employees through educational and awareness-raising activities.
16. Conflicts of Interest and Distinction between Public and Private Spheres
- 1) We will not perform any action that creates or may possibly create a conflict of interest with the RESTAR Group, such as prioritizing personal gain.
- 2) We will distinguish between public and private affairs. We will ensure that officers and employees avoid personal interests and activities that could conflict with our interests both inside and outside the workplace.
17. Crisis Response
- 1) We will build a crisis management framework to anticipate and respond to various risks that may impede the continuation of business, formulate a business continuity plan, and should such an incident occur, we will take swift action to restore or recover.
18. Reporting and Discussing Issues
- 1) Should any employee or officer become aware of one of the following events, they should report or discuss said event with their immediate supervisor.
- a. Actions that violates compliance rules or this Code;
- b. Actions that could violate compliance rules or this Code; or
- c. Actions that are suspected to go against the intent of compliance rules or this Code.